It’s the moment of celebration for our fathers — as today marks “Father’s Day” to all men on this earth.
Sometimes, I just take a look and wonder where men draw their strength from — by staying for months without buying clothes for ourselves, all because of working hard to save more to put food on the table. Staying hungry so that family could eat, drink and survive.
Leaving home sometimes with no direction but still be able to come back home with money.
Paying a huge price to marry a woman you love and end up taking care of her family, her siblings and your own in addition. Children as gifts become your responsibility to cater for — and you fight tirelessly for your mother, wife and kids.
What Is Father’s Day?
According to the Wikipedia, Father’s Day is a holiday of honoring fatherhood and paternal bonds, as well as the influence of fathers in society. In Catholic countries of Europe, it has been celebrated on 19 March as Saint Joseph’s Day since the Middle Ages.
In the United States, Father’s Day was founded by Sonora Smart Dodd, and celebrated on the third Sunday of June for the first time in 1910. The day is held on various dates across the world and different regions maintain their own traditions of honoring fatherhood.
Father’s Day is a recognized Public holiday in Lithuania and some parts of Spain, and was regarded as such in Italy until 1977. It is a national holiday in Estonia, Samoa, and equivalently in South Korea, where it is celebrated as Parents Day. The holiday complements similar celebrations honoring family members, such as Mother’s Day, Siblings Day, and Grandparents’ Day.
Tradition Of Father’s Day Worldwide
The Father’s Day celebration day has turned to be a special day for our fathers, and there are global traditions that is celebrated to mark the special day in celebrating our fathers.
Despite the traditions for celebrating our Fathers’ day, there is also a history behind this special occasional day for our fathers. That is the history of Father’s Day and how the internet educates us about it.
Top Happy Father’s Day Quotes
- You carried me in your arms when I was little and held my hand while I was growing up. Dad, I am going to be your pillar when you are old and I will carry you in my heart until I die. Thanks for everything. Happy Father’s Day!
- Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song.
- My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, ‘You’re tearing up the grass.’ ‘We’re not raising grass,’ Dad would reply. ‘We’re raising boys
- ”I’ve said it before, but it’s absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future”.
- A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.
- Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right
Happy Father’s Day To All Fathers Globally.
Dear Men, May God richly bless you with long life and the strength to do more in life.
Happy Father’s Day To All Fathers — today.